Friday, July 2, 2010

Whats wrong with Baby W??

On Wednesday I went in to my monthly check up. At my 20 week apt the little boy was moving around so much the Ultrasound tech couldn't get all the photos she needed.. The top of his head was a little buried and every time she went to get a photo he would move.
So before my apt on Wednesday I went and had another ultrasound so see if we could get the photos that were missing.. 3 different shots of the head and 1 heart photo.
The Ultrasound started off fine and even fun! She turned on the 3D machine and I saw my baby boy in 3D with definition and all of his cuteness. Unfortunately his hand were covering his face most of the time so we weren't able to get any 3D photos.


As she moved around my tummy and we started to listen to the heart, I noticed she let out a little "Hmm"?
As we sat there listening to the heart she asked me "Do you hear that"?
I did.
What should sound like..
boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom....
sound more like..
boom, boom, boom,___,boom,___,boom, boom, boom, boom,___,boom, boom....
we listened to the heart for the next 1/2 hour or so while she got photos and sound of the heart
It wasn't consistent, for probably 15 min it was a perfect.
She said the heart looked great no defects she could notice, but he obviously he has an irregular heart beat..
After my Ultrasound I went in and had my apt with my OB.
He was running a little late so I sat in the exam room thinking, obviously the worst..
I text Dylan and he immediately called me back.
That's when I lost it...
I could barley talk I was crying so hard..
I finally got out the gist of what happened in the ultrasound and told him I would call him as soon as I heard from the Doctor.
{Have I mentioned I LOVE my Doctor? He is so kind and calm}
He entered the room, had a seat and asked how I was...
As I started to tear up I mumbled. "ok, I think"?
He said he looked over the ultrasound and the heart looked great, no signs of defects or anything else that could be wrong. But with that, no cause, we will need to monitor the heart.


1 of 3 things will happen:
1. It will fix its self
2. I will need to be put on medication in my 3rd trimester to see if we can fix it before he is born
3. It will need to be looked at as soon as he is born, as there is nothing we can do with him inside of me.


He sees this in about 15% of his patients. So its not super rear, but its defiantly not common.
He is also having a few other Doctors look at my Ultrasound this week.


I might be going back in the next few weeks to have another Ultrasound, otherwise I have a follow up apt in 3 weeks.
So until then its the waiting game.. which SUCKS!
UGH!
My super sweet hubby had left work and was almost to the hospital with I got out..
We meet up at home and spent the afternoon talking and looking up online anything we could related to irregular baby hearts.


In the next few weeks Dylan and I will probably be visiting with a Pediatric Cardiologist per my doctor, but that will probably be in the first few weeks of my third trimester..


For now we are being positive and trying to be as normal as possible.

17 comments:

  1. Sending lots of positive vibes your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hun! A least these days they have so many ways of looking into things, and helping:-) hang in there, and keep us posted love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you sweet friend. If it makes you feel better I had an irregular heart beat as a baby and my mom said mine just fixed itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes stay positive! I always feel so anxious while they're doing the ultrasound so I can only imagine what you must have been feeling. I know your sweet baby will be perfectly fine, but I will certainly keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying that everything will be okay for baby Dylan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you honey! I will hope for the best...let's hope his little ticker is strong and happy and it's just a benign irregular beat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay positive! I am praying that it straightens out by itself in no time! I am sure that Baby W will be just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so sorry that you're having to worry about this. I'll keep you and your little guy in my prayers for sure! Hopefully it will all straighten itself out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you guys and baby. Put it in gods hands sweetie. Hope you can enjoy your Fourth of July weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be praying that this resolves itself ... it must be scary for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe honey, I'm sorry! I hope that you'll feel better after the next exam. Did they say it could just be a murmur? It's so scary not knowing what's going on! I know having the baby here will bring it's own issues and I do love being pregnant but man, holding the baby and being able to watch them and keep them safe....I long for that! I fear every appt because I'm so scared something will turn up. I really need to let go and trust GOD.
    I will be praying for you and little man! I'm sorry you have to go through this scare! Hopefully it will end up being no big deal, but I can totally understand your fear! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh hun, I'm so sorry! I can only imagine how hard the waiting game must be. I guess for now, just try to think postive thoughts since I could all end up 100% fine? I'm praying for you and baby W! Big vitual hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope everything fixes it self out for your little one! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That has to be so scary! Praying that everything fixes itself and baby W is a-okay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Riz, I'm so sorry you are having these scarry thoughts. I am thinking of you guys and sending lots of, it's-gonna-be-ok energy your way.~ Bree

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will definitely be praying for you and your baby boy. My mother went through something similar with my little brother and it corrected itself no problem. Just stay positive and don't put too much stress on your body. Your doctor sounds like he is on top of the situation which is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG how stressful! No matter what is said, you will probably still be scared and anxious, but I agree with the person above, they have made so many advances and everything, there aren't too many things that can't be helped or even fixed. Also, I had an irregular heartbeat until I was about 12. No big deal at all! I will be saying some prayers for all of you guys though :)

    ReplyDelete