Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Old Wives tales... boy or girl?

I'm pretty sure I'm having a GIRL!!

way too many signs are pointing to a boy..
{I found this on a few other blogs..}
I thought it might be kind of fun to see what we're having according to the old wives tales!

If the heart rate is under 140 you'll have a boy.

We'll be having a girl, average HR is 154.

If you are carrying all your weight out front its a girl, if your weight is around your
hips and bottom it's a boy.

I have noticed I'm filling out more in my gut/hip area.. So..a boy.

If your bump is low it's a boy if your bump is up higher it's a girl.

Boy.. just a gut right now

If the baby is very active it's a boy.

cant feel anything yet but on the Ultrasound "BB" was VERY active, Boy

If you're craving sweets it's a girl, if you're craving salt you're having a boy.

Boy for SURE! I love salt right now!

If daddy is gaining weight along with mommy it's a girl.

Dyl is staying the same.. Boy

When picking up a single key, if she picks it up from the thin end, it's a girl. If she
picks up the key from the base it's a boy.

Girl

If your face is colored in acne you're having a girl. If you have clear beautiful skin you'll
have a boy.


Girl.. I never have zits.. but right now I can 3!!

Do you sleep on your Right or your Left side? Right you're having a girl, left you're having
a boy.

left side, so Boy

If you are puking all the time you'll have a girl.

Big time boy then. I haven't been sick once!

If your hands are dry you'll have a boy, if they are soft you'll have a girl.

Boy, they have been super dry lately

If you're drinking lots of orange juice and other citrus you're having a girl.

Boy, not really into citrus drinks

If you feel graceful during pregnancy you're having a girl, but if you feel clumsy you'll
be having a boy.

I'm always clumsy.. so Boy

If you gain weight in your face you're having a girl.

Not really.. so Boy

If you are especially moody you'll be having a girl.

Girl.. lol

The Mayan tale adds the mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If the result is an even number then mom is having a girl. If the result is an odd number then a boy is on the way!


Boy

Pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a "V" or "brancehs" in the white part you'll have a girl.

Nope, Boy

If you are the first born child, you will have what your mom had but starting with her second child. If you are the middle child, you will have what she had but starting with the third. If you are the last child you will have what your mother had in the exact order.

only child.. so who knows!

If you eat the ends of bread, it’s a boy. If you eat the middle of the loaf, it’s a girl.

Boy, I have been loving the ends of Sour Dough bread

The Chinese Gender Chart claims to have an accuracy rate of over 90%. It is based on how old the mother is at conception and the month that she conceived.

The Chinese gender chart said Boy for us!

You are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl “steals” the mother’s beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, you might just be having a little boy.

hmmm?? I think I look the same..

If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having.

I haven't had dreams about a baby yet..

When the pregnant woman is asked to show her hands, it’s a boy if she keeps her palms down and a girl if she shows her palms up.

Girl. Who really shows you there hands palms down?

71% of the time, the mom-to-be knows what she is having.

BOY then! or I'm a part of the 29% that are wrong..

When a pregnant woman craves meat and cheese, count on a boy.

Oh my, HAM! loving it right now, Boy

Are your feet colder now that you are pregnant? If so, you just might be having a boy. If your feet have stayed the same before pregnancy and during, you’re having a little girl.

Boy! I'm freezing all the time! epically my feet!

If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy.

Got those! Boy!

It is said that when you can only think of specific names for a boy or a girl, you will have that particularly baby.


Well, we have a name for both but are very indecisive at the same time.. lol

So according to these: GIRL 5 ~ BOY 18!!

We find out tomorrow!!! So I will post the results soon!

19 comments:

  1. So exciting!! I can't wait to hear what you're having!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was POSITIVE we were having a boy. All our OWT were more boy then girl but the Chinese gender chart said girl and we are having a girl!! Oh and iwas in the 29% of mothers that were wrong!! Can't wait to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO jealous you are finding out so soon! They wouldn't do my sonogram earlier than 20 weeks!! I can't wait till you find out!! Oh yea and I am SUPER jealous that you haven't gotten sick AT ALL! NOT FAIR lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I hope your little one cooperates and shows you the goods! According to the quiz, I was pretty evenly split leaning just a tad more towards girl, so I guess it was right for me. I still think mother's intuition is most accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are hilarious! I won't find out what I'm having for another month or so, and everyone keeps telling me what they think. I'm curious to see if you are right though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to do this to see what we're having ... can't wait to hear your results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how EXCITING! i can't wait to find out what you're having!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cant wait to find out!! I was pretty convinced I was having a girl....hr was always 156+....but, we all know now Blake is a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I definitely am dying to know what you're having!! When do you find out?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some of those wives tales are soo funny. Like I understand how some of them can be proven (ie the way you carry it) but seriously... if the dad is gaining weight? Thats funny.

    well I cant wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are funny! I did them as I was ready them based on my pregnancy and lots were true, lots weren't. So excited to find out, my money is still on a GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to hear the gender results!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm saying Girl because I've heard the heart rate thing is always right!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SOOO exciting! I'm sure you can't wait for tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl I cannot wait to hear what it is....please post ASAP! Haha I feel like a crazy stalker!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so exciting!! Have fun tomorrow - can't wait to find out! I'm saying Boy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooo... what it is?!?! Boy or girl?! Been waiting all day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been checking in all day and finally saw your status update on your FB badge! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete