Friday, January 22, 2010

You Ask... I Answer!!

carrie1 Asked
What's your favorite recipe? And what's your favorite book?
The Americas Test Kitchen, Family Cookbook! The Best!! I have made probably 50 recipes out of this book and everyone is GREAT!
I'm totally a Chicken Marsala freak.. lol
so here is a great one:



4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
All-purpose flour, for dredging
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced (this is what makes a good Marsala Recipe)
8 ounces crimini or porcini mushrooms, stemmed and halved
1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Directions
Put the chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them; pound with a flat meat mallet, until they are about 1/4-inch thick. Put some flour in a shallow platter and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly.
Heat the oil over medium-high flame in a large skillet. When the oil is nice and hot, dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. Slip the cutlets into the pan and fry for 5 minutes on each side until golden, turning once – do this in batches if the pieces don't fit comfortably in the pan. Remove the chicken to a large platter in a single layer to keep warm.
Lower the heat to medium and add the prosciutto to the drippings in the pan, saute for 1 minute to render out some of the fat. Now, add the mushrooms and saute until they are nicely browned and their moisture has evaporated, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Pour the Marsala in the pan and boil down for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol. Add the chicken stock and simmer for a minute to reduce the sauce slightly. Stir in the butter and return the chicken to the pan; simmer gently for 1 minute to heat the chicken through. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.




Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic Asked
How did you meet your hubby?
We worked together at a country club! We were friends for about 2 years before we started to date. The best part is we didn't tell anyone we were dating for the first 3 1/2 months! It was a really fun time!

Carrie @ Laugh Love Eat Ice Cream Asked
Here's my question for you - How did you and your husband meet and when did you know he was "the one?"
I knew he was the one just after we started dating. His brother had passed away just a few months before, so I never met him, but I could just tell how much he cared about people and life. Over the course of the first month or 2 is when I knew he was THE ONE!!

Shanny Asked
As a matter of fact I do wanna know what got you into blogging! Spill it lol And...What's something about you that we would never, ever, guess?
I started to Blog, mostly cause of my mom! We talk just about everyday {usually 5 times} but she would always say, "I never know what your up too!"
So all she has to do is check this out time to time and see what were doing!
Something about me people would nerve guess is.... I know ALOT about cars! I mean ALOT! I always go to the New Car Auto show {which is in Portland next week, YEAH!} If you ask me how much a car is, to, what the horse power is or the difference between models are, I know! Its kinda weird.. I have some friends who I have played "the headlight game" with at dusk...
So, you have to name the Make and Model as its driving towards you.. like Ford mustang or Chevy Tahoe. I always get it right!lol!

Juliana Asked
Oh fun!! ok...What is your favorite TV show? How is your favorite celeb? What would you do if you won the lottery? What is your favorite piece of clothing?
Right now, Modern Family! Totally cracks me up!! and anything reality, Jersey shore, Real Housewives, Secrets of Aspen, The Hills and so on!
Favorite Celeb, That's hard.. Probably Jennifer Aniston and Tori Spelling! crazy mix!
What would I do if I won the Lottery.. I would buy a bigger house with an AMAZING view, some new cars and take my family on an unforgettable vacation!!
favorite piece of clothing.. My Burberry trench coat!

~KS Asked
Okay... a few simple ones. What's your favorite color? And if you had to pick a favorite dessert, what would it be?
Favorite color.. Blue/grey for clothing, wall colors and just about everything else! My Hummer is Slate Grey and I love it!
Fav Dessert... Bananas Foster

bananas. said...
who would play you in a movie? i hate the question but i love seeing what other people answer with.
Well, let me not disappoint you.. how about Megan Mullally as Karen playing me! ha!!! People always said that Karen was me in my 40's!

Mara said...
If you could eat any food every day what would it be?Also what's your guilty pleasure?
Pizza! I could live off it for the rest of my life! Guilty Pleasure... probably my once a week Mani and Pedis!

Tamara Nicole said...
Hmmm . . . this is a good idea to post on a blog:-) Let's see . . . what is your fave "girl's night" activity?~Tamara Nicole~
Um, Probably cocktails!! somewhere fun!

Miss Caitlin S. said...
What's your favorite book in the whole wide world?
Um, cheesie, but probably Stori Telling by Tori Spelling! she got me back into reading about a year ago... I just could NOT put it down!

Annie said...
where is your favorite place to shop?
Hard question! J Crew, Nordstrom and Old Navy! I love in J Crew clothes but I do buy most of my t's and tanks and Old Navy! Nordstrom for shoes!!

Leesie said...
I love this. Um What do you do for a living? If you could live anywhere where would you live?
I Help manage an Art Gallery in Cannon Beach, Or. I LOVE where I live! If I HAD to move... maybe Bend, Or or Seattle, Wa.

9 comments:

  1. Yummm!!! That recipe sounds so good! I may have to make that sometime very soon...too bad Hubby doesn't like mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute! Great post, a "getting to know you". Love the story of you and your hubby.

    Tamara Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long are you coming to Denver? Oh there are so many great places here. What were you thinking of? What is this Secrets of Aspen show? It sounds like something I would like to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love Chicken Marsala too!!! And I love your pick for the movie, haha. And "Stori Telling"- cracked me up. Oh dear :) haha, you just made Tori so happy. Cute idea and cute answers! Also, one of my exes and I were friends for a long while before we started dating and we also, waited about 4 months before we told anyone. As you said, it was one of the most fun times (probably better than our entire relationship). So fun to have a secret love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveee new recipes!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog and so reader-friendly (some are so busy they hurt my head). In my job for a cooking software company I study blogs and one of the happy parts of this assignment is finding great sites like yours. I am so glad I found this! Since I work for the company, I finally decided to try their product (DUH!) and it has saved me so much time and money already! Without sounding like an infomercial, I wanted to tell you about their cooking software . It’s simplified my life a ton. NOW I can find what I need, when I need it, without having to scour through boatloads of recipes and books! (I’ve included the link in case you are interested.) Lastly, thanks so much for a great blog—I love your information!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That recipe sounds good! Loved reading more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed that before...you have a hummer?

    ReplyDelete