Thursday, January 14, 2010

NYC day 5 & 6

Ok, this will be kinda a long post..

We started each day at Columbus Circle
it was right next to our {second} hotel
{Its really cool}
Dean and Deluca Coffee
and
a huge subway station!
this is the view right out of D & D Coffee


We walked out to Central Park this day..
Tavern on the Green
We tried to go there to eat but it was full
the last few days it was by reservation only!

Dylan kept telling me...
its just caution tape, if they didn't want you to
enter, it would say, do not enter... lol

all locked up!


all the fun hedges...




Such a pretty view!!

My hubby is OBSESSED with the history channel
these rocks in Central Park are on all the time,
as you can see they have "scrapes" over the tops
That is from the ice age..
my hubby could feel the history in them.. lol!
We made a stop at the NBA store..
then I made a stop at Magnolia Bakery!
back to the tree...


After a great dinner in Little Italy we
stopped for vodka cocktails at the
Russian Tea Room!
Last Full day....
We got up early and made it down to the Today Show!
We are FREEZING!!! it was 20* that morning!
Al!
here is my BITTER story,
we made it down to the Today Show,
we waited for an hour,
my hubby got cold and wanted to go get coffee,
UGH!!
NO!
He told me I could wait but he was going to get warm..
{in cert sad face}
So, we left and went in to Dean and Deluca
and ordered coffee and tea.
YEP, at that moment the cast came outside...
the cameras panned the crowd..
so, what did I do??
got up on a chair inside the coffee shop..


can you see me?? look in the window..

that's me!!
and that's my hubby, knowing he just missed it!
Next stop,
Top Of The Rock!

The views from the top were AMAZING!!!!


If you look close you can see the ball..







We ran over to Serendipity for frozen Hot Chocolates!
YUMMY!!

One if our last stops were Canal Street and
then lunch Little Italy,
I could eat most meals in LI!
really reasonable prices and YUMMY!!



such a fun trip!
I wanna go back soon!!

11 comments:

  1. Too bad you couldn't get into Tavern on the Green! Just think of the celebs you might have seen! :-( I've woken up at the crack of dawn to wait at the Today studio, but we never got on tv. How FUNNY is it that you can see yourself?? And Seredipity looks amazing... I hope I can go there sometime too! FUN pictures! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog
    I want to go back to NYC soon!!!
    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo funny. I watch the TODAY show every day, I probably saw you standing up in the chair and never noticed. That is one of the funniest pictures ever. NYC looks incredible, I have never been but it is on my bucket list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics again, makes me want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you fun in NY. Magnolia goodies are simply delicious, yay for you making a stop there =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you guys did so much! You definitely made the most of your time there. I had a cupcake from Magnolia last time I was there. It was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like it was wonderful! Too funny about you and the Today show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing experience! Someday I definitely need to make it to NY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow l love your blog.
    I would like to invite you to follow my blog www.yollie27.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could see you through the window! Awesome...it always looks like you're both having so much fun! NYC is awesome huh...I was so lucky to be able to go into the city every weekend when I lived in CT...hope to go back someday soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome pictures....Danny and I have not made it to NY together yet...he was there in 1969....someday I hope we can go together.LOL.

    ReplyDelete