Sunday, January 10, 2010

NYC day 4

On day 4 we headed downtown to the financial district

and Ground Zero Memorial area..

Well the last time I was in this area was December 2001

Things sure look different, thank god!

When I was here last missing signs were still up,

subways were closed and it still seemed dusty...

This is where the Twin Towers once stood.








We decided to walk around the area..


Battery Park

We were going to go out to Ellis Island and the

Statue of Liberty but it was about 24* that day..

too chilly, so we decided to take the S I Ferry

instead to take in the sights inside!






Ellis Island













The sunset was so pretty that night!





Brooklyn Bridge in the back ground..








New York Stock Exchange







Federal Reserve Bank



Our Hotel was in Columbus Circle

We walked around a pretty art show that night.

It was inside and warm :)










5 comments:

  1. Looks like your having such a fun time!

    I have a surprise for you over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures of your trip! I can't wait to go with hubby Christmas next year.

    I left you a little something at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, visiting ground zero just three months after 9/11 must have been an incredible experience. The first time I visted NYC was in 1997 and I went on the roof of the second twin tower. The next time was in 2007 and I visted ground zero.

    That is a really pretty sunset while on the ferry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip looked like so much fun!

    I LOVE New York and i've never been in the winter so i'm so jealous! All of the Christmas decorations etc. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete