Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wedding Wednesday

I have seen a few posts for
Wordless, Wishful and Wardrobe Wednesday's
My favorite has been
WEDDING WEDNESDAY!
I don't know about you...
but I LOVE Weddings!
especially my own =)

So on Wednesdays, if you want to play along,
post photos and special memories of your big day!

I will start with my dress!
This is what started my madness...
The dress Christine Baumgartner wore to
marry Kevin Costner!

That's when my obsession started with
Monique Lhuillier
I went to Divine Design in Portland, Or
to try on dresses with that one in mind.
I tried it on and LOVED it but....
it was a little {or a lot} out of my price range..
$9,500.00
So I tried on a few others..
like this one

Which I also loved and probably would have ended
up with if I hadn't seen Pink on the cover of a
bridal magazine as I was waiting for more
dresses to be brought up to me

Pinks top was custom made
{surprise, surprise!}
Monica {the owner of Devine Design}
brought this dress up for me to try on!
LOVED IT!

I added the Pink touch!
a Black Sash!

From the Back
I wore a Champagne Sash for the ceremony


It was my absolute Dream Dress!
I still LOVE IT!

a special THANK YOU to my
MOTHER
for the HUGE splurge!!


Even though it is just a dress you wear
for a few hours on one day..
I will look at it fondly for the rest of my life
in all my wedding photos and video!

10 comments:

  1. I love weddings too! I still watch Whose Wedding Is It Anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love your dress and I am so glad I stumbled on your blog! I loved Christine's dress too....I think she started a whole movement with her great taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh.... I love the black! I did a post a few days ago that my next wedding (ehh.. yes I'm divorced) my dress is going to be black! =)

    Can't wait to see more of your pictures. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress is gorgeous! Love that you changed the sash for the ceremony and the reception!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dress! I just left something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! I love hearing about other people's weddings too. You looked gorgeous in your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love that you changed your sash:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is such a good idea, especially since I myself am in the process of planning a wedding!
    Your wedding looks like it was beautiful; a black tie affair to say the least! Was it a destination wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the princess dress, you looked beautiful in it! Thanks for sharing, I always love looking at wedding photos :) Like most girls, I think I started planning mine (and visualising the dress) when I was oh, about 8? lol

    ReplyDelete